Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “T&Cs” or “Terms”) constitute a legal and binding agreement between the “Client” (or “You”) and Metamouse (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Us”, “Our”).
These Terms apply to all, and any services provided by Us. By using the Services, You agree with the T&Cs, as updated and amended from time to time. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these T&Cs at any time at Our absolute discretion. Your continued use of the Services following the publication of any changes will be deemed as an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as amended.
- Metamouse provides a peer-to-peer payment platform, that allows peers to submit and process payment requests for a fee
- Metamaouse is a platform that enables the exchange of information between peers
- Metamouse does not provide other services, including but not limited to: virtual accounts, electronic money, e-wallet, crypto currency wallet services
- The Client understands and undertakes that Metamouse cannot be held responsible for any losses that the Client may incur by using these services
Metamouse Services are not for use by minors, and you represent and warrant that:
- You have reached the age of 18 before starting to use the Service;
- You have not been previously banned or suspended from the use of our Services;
- You have the authority to enter into this agreement without a violation of any other agreements that You may be a part of;
- You are not a resident/citizen and/or do not hold a passport of any prohibited territories listed in these Terms;
- You confirm that by entering into this Agreement and using our Services you are not breaking any applicable laws in the country of your residence;
- If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of a legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary right and authorizations to act on behalf of said legal entity.
We are currently unable to provide services to residents and companies from some countries. The same rule applies for the payment requests, where a beneficiary of the payment or the bank of the beneficiary is residing or registered in one of the countries listed below. We reserve the right to update this list at our sole discretion.
The list of non-serviced countries is subject to change. Current list of countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Bahamas, Bahrein, Barbados, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Crimea, Cuba, DR Congo, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guyana, Ghana, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jamaica, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lao DPR, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, People’s Republic of China, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe, United States of America
In order to submit a payment request, you must provide complete and full information about the destination and purpose of the payment by filling out the form online. By submitting this information you confirm the information is true and correct.
- You agree to connect your MetaMask wallet to the platform and transfer necessary and sufficient amount of funds as requested
- Payment requests will not be processed until the full amount of crypto is received by Us
- You understand and agree that submission of this information will not guarantee the completion of your request as it may be denied by the peers or banking institutions of said peers. In such case, full amount (less network fees) will be returned to your wallet.
- In case your submitted request is found to be in breach of any of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions, we will return the crypto to the originating wallet (less network fees).
- You understand and agree that submitted information may be submitted to third parties (such as banks) upon request, but only when required for the provision of this Service.
- You acknowledge and agree to provide any additional information that may be requested by processing 3rd parties through communication with Us. You acknowledge that in case of refusal to provide such information, your payment request will not be completed.
- Metamouse reserves the right to deny provision of Services to any Client at its sole discretion and in case the Client fails to comply with any of the provisions of these T&Cs.
- Payment requests are processed by Metamouse trusted peers. Who will be displayed as originators of the payment on the account statement of the beneficiary in case of a successful execution of your request. Currently, it’s closed group of verified and trusted community.
- Under regular circumstances, your payment requests will be processed within 24hrs during the week. Payments can’t be processed on weekends, public holidays or after cut-off times that are set by payment processors.
- By using the Service, the Client acknowledges complete legality of his/her activities. The client agrees that any attempt to use illegally obtained funds will be judicially or criminally prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law;
- Metamouse undertakes to take necessary actions in order to prevent attempts of illegal activities, fraud and money-laundering through the use of its Services;
- Any complete transaction, or other operation within the scope of Services provided by Us to the Client is deemed irrevocable, i.e., cannot be cancelled by the client after its completion and reception of the due sum by the Client according to earlier accepted terms of the transaction;
- Metamouse has the right to suspend or deny the operation in progress if it receives information from the competent bodies about illegality of the client’s possession of Digital Currency or financial assets and/or other information, where further provision of Services would lead to the breach of Terms and Conditions;
- Metamouse has the right to suspend or deny the operation without providing the reason or explanation;
- Metamouse reserves the right to return the virtual currency deposited by the Client, if further execution of the payment request is not possible due to circumstances out of Metamouse’s control or due to the fault of the Client;
- Banking details (IBAN number and other details of the beneficiary). You understand and acknowledge that funds will be sent to the bank account you provide. You acknowledge that the Metamouse can’t be held liable for any error with respect to the instructions you provide and the funds may eventually be lost;
- Metamouse does not bear any liability for damages, loss of profit and other costs of the client caused by delays, errors, unreachability of payment systems or failures occurring during bank payments or electronic funds transfers;
- The Client guarantees that they are the owner or have necessary legal grounds to dispose of the sums used in his/her transactions;
- It is the Client’s full responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the virtual currency exchange transaction they complete via the Service, and it is Client’s full responsibility to report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate revenue authority. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to the virtual currency used on Our platform;
- Client acknowledges that any transaction within the scope of these Terms will incur costs in a form of different fees. Those include, but are not limited to: Processing fees, Service fees, Network fees;
- Client agrees to pay all relevant fees that may be published in these T&Cs or otherwise displayed on the website throughout the process of provision of services;
- Client acknowledges that some fees, including but not limited to Network fees, are dynamic, and may change from transaction to transaction;
- Metamouse trusted peer are getting 60% of the commissions we charge. The rest 40% will be used by Metamouse for further development of the platform.
You may use our Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation, or causes Wise to breach any applicable law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- for anything that is abusive, harmful, or does not comply with our content standards;
- for any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, or any other form of spam;
- to deal in harmful programs such as viruses, spyware, or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- in any way that would locally or internationally evade any applicable taxes or facilitate tax evasion;
- if you knowingly provide false information to Us throughout the provision of services;
- in any way that is harmful to Metamouse or if the purpose is to scam or cheat Metamouse or its partners and other users of the platform, that could lead to potential losses for any of parties mentioned
Unsupported businesses and transactions.
Regulated businesses or illegal products and services:
- Adult content.
- Pornography and other visual content depicting explicitly sexual acts.
- Services of sexual nature (webcam shows, live chats, prostitution, escorts, etc).
- Sexually oriented establishments (massage parlors, strip clubs, gentleman’s clubs).
- Alcohol businesses.
- Payments for the sale of alcohol to retail customers are not supported.
- Tobacco products.
- Products containing CBD.
- Any other products or services related to legal marijuana trade.
- Certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety.
- Smart drugs, nootropic supplements.
- Substances that provide similar effects as illegal drugs (kratom, khat, etc.)
- Anabolic steroids and peptides.
- Drug paraphernalia.
- Any equipment, product, or material which is intended for making, using, or concealing drugs
- Nutraceuticals, pseudo-pharmaceuticals, and other products which make unreasonable health claims not approved or verified by the applicable regulatory body.
- Online pharmacies.
- Prescription-only pharmaceutical drugs.
- Payments for the sale of pharmaceutical products to retail customers are not supported.
- Commodity chemicals.
- Counterfeit or unauthorised goods.
- Unauthorised sale of designer and/or brand products.
- Sale of illegally imported or exported goods.
- Fantasy sports with cash prizes.
- Games of chance with cash prizes.
- Sales of in-game currencies by unauthorised vendors.
- Any type of gambling payments or businesses related to Turkey, the United States, Canada, the United Arab Emirates or Singapore.
- Any other type of businesses related to gambling, up to Wise’s own discretion.
- Intellectual property or proprietary rights infringement.
- Any product or service that directly infringes or facilitates infringement upon the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secrets, proprietary, or privacy rights of any third party.
- Products and services which are not legal in the jurisdiction they are being offered in.
Financial and other professional services:
- Binary options.
- Escrow services.
- Using Wise Borderless account as an escrow account.
- Companies involved in the exchange or trading of cryptocurrencies, or any other virtual currencies.
- Including payments for the purpose of purchasing cryptocurrencies.
- Marketplaces from countries outside of European Economic Area and/or European Union or the United States.
- Money service businesses, or any businesses that carry on the activity of:
- Operating a bureau de change or currency exchange service.
- Transmitting money, or any representation of monetary value, on behalf of third parties.
- Cashing cheques.
- Payment processing.
- Platforms allowing the trading and/or exchanging of FX/CFD/options.
- Shell banks.
- Superannuation funds.
- Trust and corporate service providers that are involved in:
- Opening accounts on behalf of other businesses.
- Offshore company formation.
- Using nominee directors and/or shareholders to obscure company ownership.
- Any other financial services operating without a licence where one is required.
Other restricted services:
- IPTV and VOIP services.
- Individuals, entities, or countries subject to international sanctions.
- Weaponry, military and semi-military goods and services.
- Weapons (including weapons of historic significance), military software, or any other goods or services intended for military use.
- Nonprofit organisations and charities from countries outside of Canada, European Economic Area and/or European Union, Switzerland, USA, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Unregistered charities are not supported from any regions.
- Trusts and foundations from countries outside of Canada, European Economic Area and/or European Union, Switzerland, USA, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Trade of restricted and/or endangered animal species and products derived from them.
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes, get rich quick schemes, referral marketing.
- Including any other services promising unreasonably high rewards.
- The United Arab Emirates-based oil, gas and shipping companies, as well as related activities.
- Businesses with relations or activity directly or indirectly linked to Cuba
- Surrogacy businesses.
Scope of services provided by Metamouse is exclusively limited to the services listed in paragraph 1 of these T&Cs. In no event shall we be held liable for any of the following types of loss or damage arising under or in connection with these Terms or otherwise:
- Any loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill; any loss of business or opportunity, customers or contracts; any loss or waste of overheads, management or other staff time; or any other loss of revenue or actual or anticipated savings;
- Any loss or damage whatsoever which does not stem directly from our breach of these Terms; and / or any loss or damage whatsoever which is in excess of that which was caused as a direct result of our breach of these Terms (whether or not you are able to prove such loss or damage);
- Any loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control such as war or the threat of war, a change of political regime or other third-party actions;
- Any loss or damage due to technical failures and/or other errors of our peers and third party services providers;
- Incorrectly provided banking details. Once you have made a mistake, you will not be able to revoke the transaction;
By using Our services, you acknowledge that:
- Metamouse can’t be held responsible for any losses, damages or claims that may arise from incorrectly provided information, corrupted documents, viruses or third-party attacks;
- You accept and acknowledge the risks associated with the use of this service and the risk of third parties gaining access to information you provide when submitting a payment request. Metamouse will not be held responsible for any communication failures, errors or delays you may experience;
- In case of cancellation of the execution of your payment request or cancellation of a related transaction, all commission costs for electronic money transfer, or any other costs that are charged to Metamouse will be withheld from the amount received from the Client;
By using the Services of Metamouse, the Client agrees with following Terms in relation to Third party service providers or third party systems that Metamouse may be using throughout different aspects of necessary operations:
- As a peer-to-peer service, Metamouse platform uses third parties and third party service providers which enable you to place your payment requests and allows for them to be effectively processed;
- The information you submit through the website will be shared and transferred to relevant parties that will participate in the execution of your payment request, as required by applicable regulations and financial institutions.
- By accepting these terms, you represent that all information you provide us is true and accurate. Any false or fraudulent information and/or use of the services rendered to you is prohibited.
- You are not obligated by law to provide any information to Us or any other parties involved in the provision of our services. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are providing all and any information through our website consciously.
Metamouse website may contain links and pointers to other websites and resources. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by Metamouse of any third-party resources or their contents. Links do not imply that Metamouse is in any way affiliated or associated with third parties or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through a link, or that any Linked websites are authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Metamouse. You should direct any concerns regarding any Linked website to such Linked website’s website administrator or webmaster. Metamouse does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of, and expressly disclaims, any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed or distributed through any Linked website. You hereby acknowledge that reliance upon any opinion, advice, or information displayed on or otherwise available through any Linked website shall be at Your sole risk.
You agree that the content of this website is an intellectual property of Metamouse and is protected by the laws on property rights, intellectual property rights and copyrights. Unapproved use of this content is forbidden and illegal.
Metamouse is not liable and does not reimburse damages as a result of inadequate performance of its obligations to the client caused by force majeure circumstances. Such circumstances, include in particular: failures; equipment shutdowns or work with power supply failures; acts of God; natural and industrial accidents; acts of terrorism; military operations; civil disorders; acceptance by public authorities, acceptance of laws containing prohibitions or restrictions concerning the activities of Metamouse or related payment system by public authorities, local governments or administrations of payment systems; other circumstances that cannot be reasonably foreseen or prevented in advance and that prevent provision of the services of Metamouse.